For all my new friends who have recently started following this blog.....please start at the very beginning.....it is a good place to start to get the full impact of this fascinating tale.

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Trepidation



I have lived long enough not to ask questions
to which there are no answers -
I have lived long enough not to ask questions
whose answers I do not want to hear -
I live in fear of empty places
at the end of a journey -
I live in fear of darkness
beyond the curve of a lonely road -
I live in fear of silences
so deep and filled with menace
Where the only sound that reaches me
is the frantic beating of my heart.
I have lived long enough to know
that happiness is an illusion
And yet I live in fear of never finding it -
Even though I know it is a dream I pursue.



2 comments:

  1. And this pursuit is rewarded with more tests... Yet that is what makes us bring out our best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pursuit of illusion - we know it yet we pursue!

    ReplyDelete