For all my new friends who have recently started following this blog.....please start at the very beginning.....it is a good place to start to get the full impact of this fascinating tale.

Monday 3 October 2011

Maybe


MAYBE

Maybe if you could have known the girl-child
who grew up alone and laughed too little -
Maybe if you could have been there to help
when she was raped and torn and bleeding -
Maybe if you could have seen the child-woman
who dug at hope with bitten fingernails
and clawed people so they wouldn't claw first -
Maybe if you could have known
all the half people who were me
You wouldn't smile and call me silly
when I hold you close and say
You've made all the difference.

1 comment:

  1. Words will dilute the essence of the emotion that overwhelm me whenever I read this one...

    ReplyDelete