For all my new friends who have recently started following this blog.....please start at the very beginning.....it is a good place to start to get the full impact of this fascinating tale.

Saturday 4 August 2012

Despair



The secret regions of my heart are filled with a strange unrest -
     making the harp strings of my soul strike discordant notes
     that send meaningless messages to my brain.
My eyes keep their eternal vigil on shabby crumbling milestones
     that flicker by with terrifying speed - shabby milestones
     that mark the countdown of my inane existence.
I look for you along the way but I know - I know
     that the roads I take
     are not roads that you would care to travel by.
So I hurtle around my own crazy orbit
     regardless of the cold bleak galaxies and vast spaces
     that surround me -
Not yet quite realising that I am lost - back where I began -
     filled with unrest -  striking discordant notes -
     hearing meaningless messages -
     and left blind by my futile vigil.


1 comment:

  1. Eva, you write such beautiful poetry, I can't believe it is really you writing!

    ReplyDelete