For all my new friends who have recently started following this blog.....please start at the very beginning.....it is a good place to start to get the full impact of this fascinating tale.

Friday 16 December 2011

Random Thoughts



Sick and Sin will be a tad neglected in the next few weeks because of the busy holiday season, but I will keep posting something or the other for those of my addicted followers who complain when I get tardy!
For many years I had a book by by bed which I entitled Random Thoughts. I am sharing a few of them, accompanied by my favourite fantasy art.




The amazing clarity with which memories can take me by surprise never fails to astound me. A certain piece of music, a familiar phrase, the way someone in a crowded room laughs, can take my breath away and summon back forgotten emotions. The remembrrance of a special meeting - I can recall each word that was spoken, every fleeting expression and nuance in a face that is now familiar and beloved.



The surge of pure wonder at the moment of my daughter's birth - the tears that came unbidden - the marvel of holding a new life in my arms, kissing tiny feet that had never touched the ground.



The warmth at a gesture of love from a friend, the gratitude of a comforting hug when one is saddened by the callous vagaries of fate, the laughter shared with familiar confidantes - the purity of these memories can never be forgotten.


I find I have the ability to make unpleasant memories blur away and only treasure those which comfort, warm and stimulate me.




I compare my loss to the amputation of a familiar limb. One gets used to functioning without it but not a single day passes when one is not reminded of that loss in some small way or another. 

3 comments:

  1. Exquisitely beautiful and surreal artistic pictures, Eva! Along with your thoughts, these are no less than getting Christmas treats from you! God bless! Have a very nice Holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this line....so true and so beautifully put, "kissing tiny feet that had never touched the ground"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randomly put though, yet full impact..... me too loved it :kissing tiny feet.......

    ReplyDelete