For all my new friends who have recently started following this blog.....please start at the very beginning.....it is a good place to start to get the full impact of this fascinating tale.

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Farewell



FAREWELL     

I awoke last night - (long after you had gone),
   to a strange but gentle touch.
I awoke to find Sorrow leaning over me -
   mystic, simple and yet so strong.

I felt no fear, he was a friend of sorts
   and through the years I had grown accustomed to his presence.
I asked him what he wanted of me
  and caressing my cheek he whispered low -

"I have come to bid you farewell, my friend,
   my time with you is spent.
We have shared many dark years, my friend,
   but now sleep on and be content."

5 comments:

  1. A lovely poem. This poem was written just after we were married. I always liked to think that in a poem, one's inner calm reflects. This poem gave me great satisfaction that maybe I was doing something right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! simple yet beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow indeed this is so amazing & absolutely lovely mA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me feel hopeful, although, I do not know whether you meant it to be that way... Lovely!

    ReplyDelete